Sunday, August 14, 2016
I finally finished Starlight Doily #7688 and can be found on page 15 in Paragon Tatting Book 1. A reprint of the pattern is located on page 7 in The Tatter's Treasure Chest. I used Lizbeth #153 Rainbow Taffy and #604 Black.
I will probably make this again but I'll use a different variegated color. I'll also block it as I go from row to row. I think that will make it easier to do the final blocking.
Thursday, June 16, 2016
I forgot to post about these shorts when I finished them. I finished them at the beginning of June. I wore them at this month's Tat and Chat.
The back pockets:
The back pockets:
The front pockets:
At the machine embroidery workshop today, we made a cell phone charger station. The grommet is plastic so I don't have to worry about getting electrocuted. I probably won't use it for that purpose. I'm not sure what I'm going to use if for yet.
Sunday, May 22, 2016
At this month's machine embroidery workshop we made a clear vinyl bag. It was done completely in the machine. It's 5" x 9-1/2". Basically the size of a pencil case.
I still have to pop out the top corners. It was easy to do and didn't take very long to make. I'll have to resize the bag in my software so I can make it on my machine. I'm pleased with it.
Sunday, April 24, 2016
When I was in Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago, I noticed this yarn called Red Heart Scrubby. I bought a skein to try. It has a rubbery plastic feel to it. I held together 1 thread of Scrubby in color Ocean and 1 thread of Crafter's Secret Cotton in brown variegated. I used size 8 knitting needles and it finished at 5". It only took a few hours. It's very stretchy. I like my scrubbies to be smaller so I want to make another one that finishes at about 3". I may also use a smaller size needle so it's more solid.
Thursday, March 3, 2016
Thursday, February 4, 2016
Monday, February 1, 2016
This past weekend was the Sunshine State Tat Days. The theme this year was Pirates. Ruth Perry taught this class Saturday morning. As usual, my first attempt was a disaster. This is my second attempt. Once I understand the pattern, it was relatively easy.