Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Motif #17

It's been a while since I posted about this doily or even tatting for that matter.  I just finished round 6.  Three more rounds to go.  I like how each round makes the doily look different.

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Penultimate Day of Tour de Fleece

As of today, a grand total of 12 oz (287.5 yards) of Sleepytime Thrums have been spun and plied. I still have a little bit of the current 4 oz package to finish and then I will have met the minimum requirement for the Tour de Fleece. 

The multicolored thread in the photo is commercial yarn I used to tie the skeins.

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Blue Skein of Yarn

I finished spinning the Blue Face Leicester roving on Tuesday then I Navajo plied it.  This was my second time using that technique and I was much better with it.  It seems to do a really great job undoing the extra twist in the thread.

The single ply thread on the bobbin (right photo).

Here's the final skein (left photo). It has 184.5 yards.  I found a hat pattern  for a Cabled Beret that I like and it uses 180 yards of DK yarn. It seems like a simple pattern where I can get used to doing the cable stitch.

I'm having a great time spinning while I'm watching the Tour de France.  Now I'm back working on the Spinderella thrum (basically art roving) I started a few months ago.  I have already spun 2 bobbins worth (8 oz) and for the Tour de Fleece, I'm spinning the remaining 8 oz. I haven't decided what I'm going to make with it yet. I guess I'll wait and see after it's all plied together how many yards I end up with.