Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Quilting


I hope I'm not starting to cycle out of knitting and crocheting. I have some projects started and some commitments I must finish. But I think I'm cycling back into quilting which was my first love. I've started paper/foundation piecing the Harry Potter Quilt. I finished 8 blocks this weekend. This is a the square representing a mug of Butterbeer.

I'm also getting back into the Dear Jane Quilt. That quilt has 225 squares that are 4" square.

I was never crazy about foundation/paper piecing but I'm finally getting the hang of it.

I joined a Quilt Group that's very similar to Ravelry. It's going to take a bit to get used to it because it's format is quite different and it's still working out the kinks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Although knitting and crocheting are my first fiber loves, I do like to quilt. I have a kaleidoscope quilt cut and need to piece it. Have fun with your quilting -- I can't wait to see some pics of you quilts!
Marci

Micki said...

I am in Quilt Group and that is how I found your blog. It is so nice! My blog is at http://thedote.blogspot.com. I also am a quilter and a knitter.I do alot of machine embroidery too, paper piecing, and felting. I live in a seacoast village called Dunfanaghy in Ireland.
Micki