Sunday, December 2, 2012

Motif #2

I have finished my second motif towards the 25-motif challenge.  Two down, 23 more to go.  I made Kira's Star.  I used size 20 Lizbeth thread in white.  It still needs to be starched and blocked.
 
Yesterday a friend and I participated in a living history event at Dudley Farm.  We sat on the back porch. My friend was making a penny rug and I was tatting a collar for my bodice.  I was surprised at how many people knew what I was doing and were actually interested in it.  They all commented on how it's a lost art.  I very proudly said that it's slowly making a come back.

This afternoon there was a tatting meeting at the Fabric Art Shop in Lake City.  This was to be a meeting of the 1st and 2nd shuttle tatting classes and the two classes were going to merge into one group with the hope of forming a monthly tatting club.  I brought some of the items I had shuttle tatted since my class ended in October.  Based on the items I brought and what I said, the owner of the store asked me if I would be interested in taking over the tatting classes.  As of January, I will be a tatting teacher!  I'm really excited about it.  Thankfully it's only a beginner's class because I still have a lot of advanced techniques to learn.

No comments: