I finished spinning the Blue Face Leicester roving on Tuesday then I Navajo plied it. This was my second time using that technique and I was much better with it. It seems to do a really great job undoing the extra twist in the thread.
The single ply thread on the bobbin (right photo).
Here's the final skein (left photo). It has 184.5 yards. I found a hat pattern for a Cabled Beret that I like and it uses 180 yards of DK yarn. It seems like a simple pattern where I can get used to doing the cable stitch.
I'm having a great time spinning while I'm watching the Tour de France. Now I'm back working on the Spinderella thrum (basically art roving) I started a few months ago. I have already spun 2 bobbins worth (8 oz) and for the Tour de Fleece, I'm spinning the remaining 8 oz. I haven't decided what I'm going to make with it yet. I guess I'll wait and see after it's all plied together how many yards I end up with.