Thursday, April 29, 2010

Qulting

Well, I'm cycling out of knitting & crocheting. They're just not holding my interest like they did. Plus it's difficult to knit or crochet for any length of time with the carpal tunnel especially after work. I've gone back to sewing and quilting. I joined a quilt guild in Ft White and went to my first meeting last Saturday. They seem like really nice ladies. It was through them that I found out about the 1 Million Pillowcase Challenge for charity. I started on my first pillowcase the other day. I haven't finished it yet. The instructions want me to sew wrong sides together and then do a french seam on the outside. I haven't wrapped my brain around that yet. I'm sure it's much simpler than I'm making. I'm very tempted to just use an overlocking stitch on my sewing machine and not mess with the french seams.

No comments: