Friday, December 6, 2013

1st Machine Embroidery

A few weeks ago I purchased the Janome 9900 and the Floriani Total Control software.  Although I did some minor sewing on it, I hadn't done any embroidery.  I went for my official hand holding session yesterday at the Fabric Art Shop.  It turned out to be a good thing.  Even though I had the manual with me, I had forgotten some things from my training session a few weeks before and I had a small problem with the machine reading my USB stick.  After those minor issues were fixed, I spent the next two hours stitching a design that the machine said would take only 45 minutes.  It obviously doesn't take into account thread change time.

I thought it appropriate that my first design should be dachshunds happily making a Snow Doxie. 

No comments: