Monday, December 30, 2013

December Was Busy

At Crazy Quilt Club, I learned how to hand dye lace.  I enjoyed it very much and think the lace turned out very well.  Now to find cotton and silk laces to hand dye.  Here are the results of my first attempts --


Then I machine embroidered a picture for my violin teacher,  machine embroidered some Blue Willow for Rebecka, made several sets of ornaments


and hand embroidered a picture for Kerstin's office --

I also worked on a knitted intarsia Christmas stocking which is not done yet and started a pair of knitted socks which are also not done yet.  Both of these projects were top down.  The Christmas stocking has a forgotten heel and grafted toe and the socks are also top down.  I think I'll stick with my toe up socks but it's good to know the other technique for the 'just in case' I can't convert the pattern to toe up.

No comments: