Friday, December 23, 2016

Off the Shuttles: Tassel Angel

My first tassel angel.  The pattern is in the booklet, "Big Book of Tatting". It is such a fast and easy pattern.  Best of all, no sewing required, glue only. While I was putting on the wings and the halo, I left the plastic sleeve on the tassel so it wouldn't get messed up.  The pattern called for size 20 thread.  When I make the next one out of white, I think I'll make the halo gold color. 

I used Altin Basak white and silver thread which is U.S. size 30 (European size 50).  The wings may have been a bit bigger if I had used the normal size 20 but I don't have any metallic thread in size 20. I wanted the metallic so color from the Christmas tree lights would bounce off it.

The tassel was manufactured by Wright and I purchased it from Joann Fabrics.  It's 3.5" (88.9mm) long.  I purchased some colored tassels from Hobby Lobby. I'm anxious to see how the tassel angel looks in color.

This is a gift for a friend's daughter. 



The photo on the left is the front of the angel.  The other photo is of the back showing the wings.



No comments: